A perspective look at items I feel the need to react to and new ways I can exploit my readers

4.20.2006

I am a jerkface

Hey, guess what I just realized, I’m a total jerk when it comes to exam week, and my finger hurts.

Alright, first things first, I’m sorry if I did anything mean to you in the last two weeks. It’s been the middle of exams, I have no idea the time or day that it is, and normally I’m fairly grumpy to begin with, let alone when I’m stressed out with finals. I suppose that this could be seen as being my own fault as I pretty much start studying the day before the exam (thank you procrastination), but overall I tend to become slightly more stressed out with less time to actually prepare and study for exams in classes I would rarely attend.

Now onto my finger problem, amidst the rushed working on my design portfolio, I kinda stuck an Xacto knife in my fingernail. Worried it would get caught on something and rip off, I sanded the whole nail down and now it’s really thin and ouchy when I use it to support or touch anything, including this keyboard. Again, this lead to increased grumpiness and overall stress.

The combination of these many factors leads to my chronic problem of mysterious pantslessness. Go figure, spell check isn’t recognizing that one. Anyway, in combination of little sleep, lots of stress, and a lack of any desire to follow though with anything pertaining to personal hygiene, I will often wake up wearing a shirt and underwear in strand places, like the laundry room or foyer. I’m not sure why, maybe my brain thinks the whole set up is a good idea, but this happens, a surprising amount. Reason number 53 why I’m single and can never have a roommate.

But life is all changed now and I’ve come to the realization that I have been a jerkface. Feel free to call me and complain about how dumb I am. I will be accepting criticism until May third at approximately 2 pm. After that time I will demean you with witty comebacks and smart remarks regarding how much more awesome I am. Until then, I will sit politely and accept yelling.

Call me, leave a message so that I can ignore you for at least two days, then we can go for coffee, I’ll buy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ty pointed out that

I have no thought of you as having anything but sunshine and rainbows.

Good luck on exams!

22 April, 2006 14:53

 
Blogger Pizza Princess pointed out that

I don't think you are a jerkface. In fact I feel like a tool cuz I haven't called you since March 22nd. We do need to get together for coffee once you're done exams.

Interesting thing about the pants tho.......

24 April, 2006 13:07

 
Blogger Pizza Princess pointed out that

Hey! I don't know if you will get this or not, but I hope so. I was wondering how much it would cost to rent a moving truck from Budget. I would get Brad to rent it, since he's the only one over 25, and he said he'd be comfortable driving it - I know I wouldn't. Anyway, I was just wondering.

Now about that coffee!!!

12 May, 2006 11:58

 
Blogger Carly pointed out that

When did you need said 'truck'? If I can pass it off as my own it would be really cheap but slightly erratic. Perhaps also less truck, more cargo van, but that just means a few more trips.

16 May, 2006 16:41

 
Blogger Pizza Princess pointed out that

I would hopefully need it for the 28th, but I will let you know for sure as soon as they tell me when I can move into my new place. It's a freak show right now.

18 May, 2006 11:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home