A perspective look at items I feel the need to react to and new ways I can exploit my readers

5.09.2006

I love chicken, I love liver...

You would think that I would update this thing more since I have interweaving access at work, yet... alright, so I didn't. But now I shall speedvent, a term I have now coined and decided to trademark.

Okay, so you may sense some bitterness towards the subject of trademarking, at the present moment. How can someone trademark "you're fired". I'm sure that everyone at one point in their life will use that phrase. Whether you are on the delivering end or simply repeating it in a parrot-caught-in-the-headlights fashion once you have been on the receiving end, the two words will undoubtedly come up at some point in your life. I mean, think about all of the other trademarks that there are out in the world and the utter simplicity of so many of them. I mean without realizing it I may stubble and use something like "I'm lovin' it," or *gasp* "the power of dreams" (ten awesome points for anyone who can give me the company which created that gem), but to actually charge people for its use seems stupid.

I'm pretty sure that a well rounded argument on the freedom of speech could dispel the evils of the big box and scary corporations who would own all that we say and charge us to say it, but I would also probably be killed right around the point of the thesis statement, so eloquently stated, that it would cause puppies to launch themselves into other puppies as an act of sheer desperation and a grab at attention. Thus, this is not a well worded essay and can not be used in court. Mostly this stands as an angry rant without a true introduction or conclusion, just a lot of randomly joined sentences in between, and thus I live to see another day.

I guess that the whole 'freedom of speech' doesn't hold up anymore. Think about some of those books you read as a kid, you know, the kind you were forced into reading like 1984, and were responsible for writing a book report for otherwise you'd be punished by a higher authority with bad marks which you were convinced would doom you to a future in trash collection. Just in case you didn't pick up on the irony of the situation, it was also dripping with sarcasm which may affect the taste slightly. Anyway, point is that we are raised believing that we should be the ones who decide our own future and have the ability to say whatever we want as we are told to by people in greater places of power. Add a couple of words beginning with the letter V and we may have a blockbuster on our hands.

Well, I hope that in some way I've been able to enlighten you, of course, I may also have been paid by the 'man'.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ty pointed out that

I never realized the irony of doing a major book report on 1984...That's really quite clever.

1984 was a book I loved so teaching others about seemed like almost fun, or atleast no worse than that "ripping off the bandaid" pain.

Has Mr. trump actually trade marked You're Fired? How much of his powers come from his haircut?
Should we send delilah in with the sheep shears?

I don't worry about paris trademarking anything, shes about due to become a wasteland of "has-beenrdy" anyway.

V for Vendetta wasn't too bad, your typical comic book plot holes, but not too shabby at all really. His opening speech was rather Vish wasn't it? I can just see teams of writers scouring the V section of the dictionary trying desperately to find JUST ONE MORE V WORD!

I'm sure some died of it, perhaps even by suspicious events.

There's no honour among writers, not even a little.

You can only change the system from the inside, that's why I sold out to the man. That and the Fabulous money/prizes/privledged accoutrements.

Great post, keep'er coming

22 May, 2006 08:52

 

Post a Comment

<< Home